Who We Are
The Trust was established in 1956 as the charitable arm of the Congregational and General Insurance Company. In 1987 it was re-formed as a separate entity, but still linked to the company. In 2016 the Trust became independent of the Insurance Company.
The majority of the Congregational Churches in England and Wales became part of the newly formed United Reformed Church in 1972; they were later joined by the Scottish Congregational churches. Hence our emphasis on giving grants to United Reformed, as well as Congregational, churches. We do, however, welcome applications from churches of other Protestant denominations or affiliation.
The trustees are collectively responsible for the management of the Trust and for all grant relating decisions.